[parted-devel] no warning when formatting >32G fat32 partitions

Viktor Vasilev viktor.vasilev at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 21 23:16:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried to create and format a big, 120GB fat32 partition and the operation
completed successfully. The problem is that I'm unable to mount the
partition afterwards. I tried creating such a big partition with the
windows partition editor under XP and it refused (gave me only NTFS as FS
option). Now that I googled a bit and educated myself about fat32 it is
clear that there is a 32GB boundry, beyond which fat32 is unusable.
Shouldn't parted give a warning in such situations?

Cheers,
Vik
--
PGP Key: 0xE09DC8D8/6799 4011 EBDE 6412 05A1 090C DBDF 5887 E09D C8D8
Signed/encrypted mail welcome!