[parted-devel] parted-1.8.0rc2 is coming up

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 07:53:35 UTC 2006

> First, my
> apologies for disappearing from email for about a week

Welcome back!

> 2)
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2006-September/000199.html
> Including this patch from Debarshi Ray.

Are you taking care of the problem created by not 'freeing' the memory
hogged by PedDiskType *type? Or should I send a patch?

> 6) Debarshi Ray and Leslie Polzer were talking to me
> about /dev/mapper support.  I mentioned that I have a full
> patch for that against parted that I include in the FC and
> RHEL parted packages which allows parted to
> read/write /dev/mapper devices.

I tried using the default Fedora Core 5 GNU Parted to read LVM, but it
gave the errors. I have mentioned them on this list too, I guess.

Since I was working on the device mapper support for Parted (Leslie
had told me it was on the TODO), I would be very happy to co-ordinate
with you on this aspect. I do not have a stable Internet connection at
this moment, but I will be back on 10th (ie. Tuesday).

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
Microsoft does have a Y2K problem... it's called GNU/Linux!