[parted-devel] parted-1.8.0rc2 is coming up

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Mon Oct 9 15:50:53 UTC 2006

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
>> 2)
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2006-September/000199.html
>>
>> Including this patch from Debarshi Ray.
>
> Are you taking care of the problem created by not 'freeing' the memory
> hogged by PedDiskType *type? Or should I send a patch?

Send the patch.

>> 6) Debarshi Ray and Leslie Polzer were talking to me
>> about /dev/mapper support.  I mentioned that I have a full
>> patch for that against parted that I include in the FC and
>> RHEL parted packages which allows parted to
>> read/write /dev/mapper devices.
>
> I tried using the default Fedora Core 5 GNU Parted to read LVM, but it
> gave the errors. I have mentioned them on this list too, I guess.
>
> Since I was working on the device mapper support for Parted (Leslie
> had told me it was on the TODO), I would be very happy to co-ordinate
> with you on this aspect. I do not have a stable Internet connection at
> this moment, but I will be back on 10th (ie. Tuesday).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're adding.  Our patch allows
parted to work with /dev/mapper devices, which is required since that's
how we do default installs.

I'll post what I have.  I know I said I was going to upload rc2 on
Sunday, but time got the better of me and it's delayed.

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA