[parted-devel] problem about the partition commit

Wang Dong dongdwdw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Jun 18 04:38:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I read the parted.c and got a question about function *do_mkpart.*

Any errors from the low level will result in fail of function
*ped_disk_commit,*

then *do_mkpart* will jump directly to label*error*, without processing
the new part info in memory.

Why not just remove the new part info but leave it untouched?

I can get it if parted in script mode, then this may not affect much,
because parted will exit at once with fail.

but if it is in interactive mode, user still can see the part info, this
will be confusing.

The same situation exists in *ped_device_set_system*.

I think these two function should jump to label *error_remove_part* not
just label *error* once they fail.

Is this OK? Or something I missed. Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards.

Wang Dong