[Pbuilder-maint] Re: using cow-shell to build a package

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Fri Aug 11 12:21:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > >It would be nice if you could describe your setup in more detail (or
> > >even provide the hook scripts somewhere). I tried a A00login hookscript
> > >that invokes in interactive bash, but for some reason it exits
> > >immediately when invoked by pbuilder:
> >
> > I didn't do anything special than reading the pbuilder-doc and using
> > examples from /usr/share/doc/pbuilder
> >
> > > -> user script /var/cache/pbuilder/build//1695/tmp/hooks/A00login finished
> > > su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
> > > (Ignored)
> >
> > I don't have access to debian/ubuntu system right now, but I think in
> > order to go interactive from a hook I did something like this in a hook
> > script
> >
> > bash </dev/tty >/dev/tty
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This was the missing piece of information. Thanks!
>

> > I also didn't use the A hook, only the pre-build hook and
> > build-failed/build-success hook (sorry, don't remember the hook letters
> > anymore)
> The A hooks are called after all dependencies are installed on the source
> package is unpackaged, so this should be the prebuild hook.

Note that hook example files are available in /usr/share/doc/pbuilder/examples
which you could even point to it using

cowbuilder --build --hookdir /usr/share/doc/pbuilder/examples XXX.dsc

to see the full extent of current available hooks.  If you had looked
at C10shell hook, it would have been obvious...

BTW, I like your idea of using A hooks to do it.
I presume you're doing something like

	pdebuild -- --hookdir XXXX --bindmount $(pwd)/.. --pbuilder cowbuilder

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project