[Pbuilder-maint] Re: remote pbuilder front-end

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Tue Aug 15 22:00:36 UTC 2006

I'm Cc'ing pbuilder-maint since it might be of interest to others.

> I wrote a remote frontend for pbuilder to facilitate backporting packages to
> several distributions. Mainly because we have a single powerful machine
> in our lab, pbuilder-ssh communicates via ssh with a remote installation
> of pbuilder.
>
> I wrapped the script into a native Debian package and uploaded it to
> mentors.d.n. I'd be glad if you would have a look at it and tell me your
> oppinion.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=pbuilder-ssh
>
> The docs are not yet completed, but there is an initial manpage in the
> package.

A few comments:

1. it might be better to just include it in pbuilder package, rather
   than adding another package. I'll add you to pbuilder alioth group
   if you're interested.

2. Since it's an add-on to pbuilder, it's nicer to follow the same
   naming convention as pbuilder. (/etc/pbuilder-ssh.rc ->
   /etc/pbuilder/XXX)

3. I don't particularly know help2man, is there a reason you are using
   it?

regards,
	junichi
--