Ccache support

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sat Jan 2 16:41:39 UTC 2010

        Hey

 I'd love feedback on this one; especially on whether I should use
 CCACHE_DIR everywhere, or whether we keep CCACHEDIR as in the patch and
 then export CCACHE_DIR for consistency with HOOKDIR and APTCONFDIR.

 Are others fine with enabling this by default?  This is widely used, I
 personally have ccache by default since years, and it's often
 recommended in popular docs such as:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto#Integration%20with%20ccache
 (it's recommended in my company's internal wiki as well)

    Thanks,

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Documentation/pbuilder-doc.fr.po | 1771 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
>  Documentation/pbuilder-doc.ja.po | 1578 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
>  Documentation/pbuilder-doc.xml   |   51 -
>  debian/NEWS                      |    7
>  debian/dirs                      |    1
>  examples/pbuilderrc.ccache       |    8
>  pbuilder-buildpackage            |   10
>  pbuilder-checkparams             |    7
>  pbuilder-createbuildenv          |    6
>  pbuilder-updatebuildenv          |    6
>  pbuilderrc                       |    2
>  pbuilderrc.5                     |   10
>
> New commits:
> commit 59082fcfab2b7f4272a0bb0f3a812fc779e9f5ba
> Author: Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>
> Date:   Sat Jan 2 17:12:47 2010 +0100
>
>     Add builtin ccache support, enabled by default
>
>     Add builtin support for using ccache in pbuilder and enable it by
>     default.  Ship a new /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache dir and bind-mount and
>     chown it to BUILDUSERID at build time.  Install/remove ccache
>     automatically on create/update if CCACHEDIR is set/unset.  Update docs
>     and remove old ccache config example.  Add a NEWS entry featuring the
>     change.

Loïc Minier