'd-p1' can handle lenny-backports jaunty-proposed ... w/o preload

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sun Jan 24 14:03:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I have updated patches and created new branch 'd-p1'.

 This one looks much clearer and nicer, thanks

> Its first commit is for --distribution.  It is a bit complicated since
> it supports all Debian and Ubuntu including backports, security,
> proposed*, volatile*, ...

 Yeah; I think this ought to be split out; just like we have a tool to
 resolve build-deps which is sometimes used by people directly, we could
 have one to generate sources.list.  Let me see what I can come up with.

> I have used this with --aptconf and verified doing so can even load
> backports.org without GPG issue.

 Not sure what you mean here.

> I tried to make special release names as configurable by using
> pbuilderrc file defining them.  Of course, use of eval with "case ...
> esac" made code a bit difficult to read.

 I'm not sure I see why you use eval here?

 I'm a bit uneasy about using "--distribution jaunty-updates" and the
 like to mean "jaunty + jaunty-updates".  This seems overloaded in
 meaning and diverges from setting a single distribution.  Perhaps it's
 a naming issue, would it be --apt-template, things would be clearer,
 but pbuilder supported --distribution experimental since a long time,
 it wouldn't be nice to change that.  I'm a bit uneasy about this.  I'd
 love if we could find a good approach to avoid this.

--
Loïc Minier