pbuilder-apt-config

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Mon Jan 25 21:47:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> The more I think about it ...
> Something like
> --vender:       short name for mirror (ubuntu/debian/backports/volatile)
> --distribution: for debootstrap and base apt line
> --target:       for autogeneration of extra apt line

 Eh almost what I used; I didn't allow setting "vendor" (I later renamed
 it to "archive" because we want one for ubuntu-ports, another one for
 debian-archive (archive.debian.org) etc.).
   Next I used "suite" to match debootstrap.  Finally, I used --profile,
 but this is a pbuilder-apt-config specific concept, not related to
 pbuilder profile.

 Would you mind having a look at the test cases + tool I've now updated?

 It allows:
 ./pbuilder-apt-config --profile experimental apt-sources
 deb     http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
 #deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
 deb     http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main
 #deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main

 ./pbuilder-apt-config --suite unstable debootstrap-suite
 sid

 ./pbuilder-apt-config --profile experimental debootstrap-suite
 sid
 ./pbuilder-apt-config --profile experimental debootstrap-mirror
 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/

 And some more (see test_pbuilder-apt-config and ./pbuilder-apt-config
 --help).

 I'm thinking a bit more about a nice mirror map interface.

   Thanks
--
Loïc Minier