[Pcsclite-muscle] Authenticate on OSX with NFC

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Sun Jan 25 15:53:35 UTC 2015

On 24 Jan 2015, at 20:27, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Do not change the PC/SC layer provided by Apple unless you really know
>> what you do.
>
> I have a 10.9 mac and tried to get set up for the feitian epass 2003.
> But there does not seem to be any builtin pcsc any more.  Searching only
> turns up versions from pkgsrc.  I did find /usr/sbin/pcscd, but not yet
> the headers.  Should I be building opensc against the include pcsc-lite?

The builtin pcsc is in Mavericks according to Ludovic's blog [1].   He points to the the source code [2], maybe the header files are there?

If you upgrade to Yosemite, the PC/SC infrastructure in OSX has changed, and /usr/sbin/pcscd is gone [3].  It should still work, though.

> Is there a reason why the normal pcsc distribution doesn't build and
> work ok on macs?   Or maybe it does?   I find the whole "must use apple
> version" a little puzzling.

The normal pscs distribution (pcsc-lite-1.8.13.tar.bz2) builds just fine, but I haven't been able to make it connect to my reader.  The bundled OSX version connects, but that's as far as I've come on my quest to NFC authentication on OSX.

Cheers,
Henrik

[1] http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2013/10/os-x-mavericks-and-smart-cards-status.html
[2] http://opensource.apple.com/source/SmartCardServices/SmartCardServices-55111/