RFH: Perl

Russ Allbery rra at debian.org
Sun Jan 4 21:49:27 UTC 2009

Guy Hulbert <ghperl at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried using 'cdebootstrap' on etch but discovered that it is woefully
> out of date - it does not know about lenny and sid died with an error.
> I'll look at the error but it seems pointless trying to fix it as apart
> from perl, I am more interested in the stable distribution.

I've had more luck with debootstrap than cdebootstrap, but in either case
you're likely going to need to run the version from sid on etch to build a
chroot for sid.  This is easier with debootstrap since it's architecture
independent and hence doesn't need recompilation to work on etch; just
installing the package from sid normally works.

--
Russ Allbery (rra at debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>