Trouble upgrading libperl5.10 on squeeze/sid

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Tue Oct 6 14:20:00 UTC 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 15:25, Niko Tyni wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 02:45:04PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>
>> 	Just thought I would drop a line about some trouble I'm having
>> upgrading on squeeze/sid. This is something of a preliminary email
>> since
>> I have not dug too deeply into why things are going wrong.
>
>> E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (1) on
>> perl
>
> Do you have liblocale-gettext-perl 1.05-5 installed?  See #548860 et
> al.

Yeah, I do have 1.05-5 installed (ghotsbar pointed out in a private
email that I should check in #debian-devel for related bugs and I saw
this:  UNFUCKED: perl (#548848)).

That thread did not seem to show an obvious solution to me, so I
updated liblocale-gettext-perl to 1.05-6 manually with dpkg. But that
hasn't helped. Going to read #548860 now.

Jeremiah