Trouble upgrading libperl5.10 on squeeze/sid

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Wed Oct 7 06:24:25 UTC 2009

(dropping debian-perl and switching to perl at packages.d.o)

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 04:20:00PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> That thread did not seem to show an obvious solution to me, so I updated
> liblocale-gettext-perl to 1.05-6 manually with dpkg. But that hasn't
> helped. Going to read #548860 now.

That's weird, I'd have expected that to solve it. Actually, I don't
understand why the 'Could not perform immediate configuration' showed
up in the first place when liblocale-gettext-perl/1.05-6 was available
for apt to consider. Maybe 'aptitude safe-upgrade' does something weird.

In any case, I just tried chroot test upgrades (on i386): both lenny->sid
and lenny->squeeze->sid worked fine for me.
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org