Trouble upgrading libperl5.10 on squeeze/sid

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Wed Oct 7 11:07:43 UTC 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 8:24, Niko Tyni wrote:

> (dropping debian-perl and switching to perl at packages.d.o)
>
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 04:20:00PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>
>> That thread did not seem to show an obvious solution to me, so I
>> updated
>> liblocale-gettext-perl to 1.05-6 manually with dpkg. But that hasn't
>> helped. Going to read #548860 now.
>
> That's weird, I'd have expected that to solve it. Actually, I don't
> understand why the 'Could not perform immediate configuration' showed
> up in the first place when liblocale-gettext-perl/1.05-6 was available
> for apt to consider. Maybe 'aptitude safe-upgrade' does something
> weird.
>
> In any case, I just tried chroot test upgrades (on i386): both lenny-
> >sid
> and lenny->squeeze->sid worked fine for me.

Yeah, I think it may have been a package in my own reprepro that was
behaving in a similar manner to liblocale-gettext-perl. I disabled my
own repo, removed my home-made perl packages, and installed the perl-
base with dpkg and it worked like a charm!

I don't think this is a bug anywhere but in my own configuration. :/

Jeremiah