Perl 5.12 repository pushed to Alioth

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Wed Apr 7 14:48:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:19:35AM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> While not a piece of cake, getting 5.12 iin squeeze doesn't look
> impossible. How can we help?

Well, for starters it would be great if somebody could figure out
why 5.12.0~rc3-1 fails to build on all the experimental buildds
when it built fine for me on amd64 / cowbuilder.

[rt.cpan.org #52988] is very much related, but I don't understand yet
why nobody else (including me) is seeing this with the core build.

The shortcut in
 debian/patches/debian/cpanplus_config_path.diff
might cause Cwd to get loaded later than normal, and it looks like
 debian/patches/debian/cpanplus_definstalldirs.diff
puts CPANPLUS::Config::System into a wrong source directory (which is
a bug), but there's still something missing in the puzzle.

(No bug filed yet AFAIK; feel free to file one. I'm short on time myself.)
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org