scheduling 5.10.1-12

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Thu Apr 8 21:11:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:41:08PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> I'm happy to help - what exactly should I do? I will clone from git
> and try to build in squeeze, but aside from that I fear my experience
> is limited. Is there a test suite I could try? Or perhaps I'll run some
> old scripts I have lying around.

Just verifying that the new package can be installed/upgraded OK goes
a long way. I've got some hooks in my build scripts to test that in
a clean chroot, but it may work differently for real systems.

Double checking that I got the version number changes in debian/control
right would be appreciated.

Full testing for the @INC change would be to install an XS module from CPAN
on Lenny so it goes to /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0, then upgrading
to squeeze or sid, verifying that the module is not on @INC anymore,
and then installing the new package and verifying that it's visible
and working again.

Obviously, shortcuts can be taken.

RL got in the way of a Thursday upload happening. I hope to find the
time this weekend.
--
Niko