Questions Re sql-ledger debian package

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Feb 18 09:25:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Izzy Blacklock wrote:
> You're listed as the maintainers of the sql-ledger Debian packages
> so I'm hoping you can answer the following questions for me.
>
> 1) Are you aware of the problems caused by Perl 5.10 with threads support?

Yes, it's recorded as debian bug too:

> 2) Does the package in squeeze take this problem into account - ie
> does it use a threads free version of perl?
>
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/sql-ledger

Debian's perl version is full featured, it supports threads. So no.

> 3) If not, is there a way to install a threads free version of perl
> using apt-get?  Would doing so effect the base system?

There's no such debian packaged perl to my knowledge. However someone
who is able to reproduce such a problem should try to cooperate with one
of the upstream perl developer to get this problem fixed on the perl side
if it's really a perl problem.

Or maybe one of the Debian perl maintainers could investigate it (Niko
Tiny comes to mind) but someone must provide him access to a setup where
the problem can be reproduced and/or provide a simple way to reproduce the
problem on a fresh debian squeeze/sid system.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/