tg update bug with perl-squeeze.git

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sun Dec 18 20:08:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 05:46:04PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> Since I last touched perl-squeeze.git, topgit has apparently become
> unhappy. tg update seems to spawn another copy of itself every few
> seconds, and after a few hundred processes appeared, I Ctrl-C'd.
>
> Rather than carry out any detailed investigation, I have created a
> non-topgit branch which includes the result of a ./debian/rules new-build
> on master, together with some additional fixes I'm preparing for release.

Topgit seems to work here, but I'm not very inclined to investigate this
much either.  Possibly we should drop topgit altogether and do/merge all
further squeeze fixes in the perl.git squeeze branch. That means we'd
need to manage debian/patches manually one way or another.

But feel free to use whatever works for you.
--
Niko