perl_5.14.0-1_i386.changes is NEW

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sat May 21 06:37:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:22:34PM +0000, Debian FTP Masters wrote:

> Changes: perl (5.14.0-1) experimental; urgency=low

(Thanks, Dominic!)

>   * Totally rework debian/copyright.

Hi FTP masters,

as you can see, I did a full license review of Perl for this release.
Happily I found very few problems.

I'm a bit uneasy with the licensing of
 pod/perlembed.pod
 pod/perlmodinstall.pod
which seems to imply that the document title (and, less importantly,
author information) is an invariant section that can't be modified.

Is this something that needs to be fixed? Please note that it's been
like this since at least 1998, so this is not a regression.

I'm pasting the full license for your convenience:

  Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
  documentation provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
  preserved on all copies.

  Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
  documentation under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also
  that they are marked clearly as modified versions, that the authors'
  names and title are unchanged (though subtitles and additional
  authors' names may be added), and that the entire resulting derived
  work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical
  to this one.

  Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
  documentation into another language, under the above conditions for
  modified versions.

Thanks for all the work you do for Debian!
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org