Version::Requirements: new in 5.14, gone in 5.18

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sun Mar 3 08:10:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 05:23:59PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> I think we can probably do nothing about this, and have it disappear
> from jessie with 5.18 (or later) with the minimum of fuss.

Agreed, it seems improbable that any significant amount of user code
would be using Version::Requirements.

The only thing I was worried about was old package dependencies like

 Depends: perl (>= 5.14) | libversion-requirements-perl

which would still be satisfied with a new perl package without
Version::Requirements and would possibly merit some Breaks
entries.

But the only reverse dependency that ever had such a line (see #653868
for some background) in sid was cpanminus (<< 1.5007-2) AFAICS, and it
didn't actually use Version::Requirements for anything. So I guess no
worries there.

Conclusion: let's go ahead doing nothing :)
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org