podlators 4.08 released

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sun Sep 25 18:47:27 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 07:42:04PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>     https://archives.eyrie.org/software/perl/podlators-4.08.tar.gz

> Changes since the previous release:
>
>     [Pod::Man] Partially revert change in 4.00 to require the name option
>     (--name to pod2man) when generating man pages from standard input.
>     Historically, pod2man silently tolerated this, and there turned out to
>     be a lot of software that depended on this, making the change too
>     disruptive.  Instead, silently set the man page title to STDIN in this
>     case, but warn about it in the documentation.  (#117990)

Hi Russ, do you think we should backport this to Debian / Perl 5.24
for stretch?  The resulting build failures have been sorted out some
time ago, but I guess there's a chance of user code breaking and so forth.

Alternatively, 5.24.1 still isn't out upstream so I guess there might
be a chance of getting that change in there and rippling from there
to stretch as well...

Thanks for your work as always,
--
Niko