The PET

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Thu Apr 16 04:18:35 UTC 2009

-=| Ryan Niebur, Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 07:59:29PM -0700 |=-

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:55:53PM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > It's occurred to me that the PET could use a spot, next to the
> > upstream version perhaps, which would show the number of days since
> > the release. So it might say the version with "(68 days ago)" or
> > something next to it, so we know just how stale our package has
> > gotten. Then that might help us prioritize modules, although I guess
> > the ones that are most popular should be fixed first.

sounds like an useful addition. Would alo help avoid uploading too
suun after new upstream release has occured. It happens from time to
time to "ugh, I upgraded the package yesterday and today upstream
released again".

> also, sometimes I wonder "what's that package?". It'd be nice if the
> short description were shown when your mouse hovers over the package
> name, like that DDPO does. For the most popular part, maybe also
> showing popcon data would be good? that'd start to get messy...

UDD integration? :)

the short description is available in the [more] baloon next to
package name. It is not kept as a link hint, as that would enlarge the
page with a lots of info noone would look at. Instead, that is loaded
on demand.

PET development is understaffed. Commit access to be given in a blink
of an eye to anyone interested in improving it :)

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org