[Po4a-devel] Invalid 'DOCTYPE' check

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Thu Feb 5 20:14:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 03:50:42PM +0800, dongsheng.song at gmail.com wrote:

> So the following valid 'DOCTYPE' be considered invalid !
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN">
> <!DOCTYPE article SYSTEM "http://docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd">
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN">
> <!DOCTYPE article SYSTEM "http://docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd">

po4a checks if the external identifier (public or system) contains
"docbook xml". This should work for most valid official docbook Public
identifier. (I think "DocBk XML" can also occur)

So
	<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN">
should be accepted by po4a.

I don't think I can check automatically system identifiers since they
could be basically anything.

I would recommend that you use the -o doctype=docbook option to work
around this limitation.

--
Nekral