[Po4a-devel] [Po4a-commits] po4a for Mac OS X Intel

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Mon Feb 9 19:52:29 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:57:03PM +0000, Eamonn.Kenny at cs.tcd.ie wrote:
> Dear List,

I changed the list. This one will be more suitable.

> I can't get po4a to install cleanly for a Mac OS X machine, which then
> means I can't install debhelper for debian package creation on a Mac OS
> X machine. Can you point me in the direction of how I might install the
> software cleanly.
>
> errors with po4a-0.33 / 0.34:

Could you also check po4a-0.32? (IIRC the build system was a bit
different)

> Creating META.yml
> /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/Module/Build/Base.pm line 3450.
> /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/Module/Build/Base.pm line 3450.
> Can't locate object method "initialize" via package "pod" at
> lib/Locale/Po4a/TransTractor.pm line 341.
> Died at /Users/autobuild/addons/po4a-0.33/_build/lib/My/Builder.pm line 95.

At which stage did you get this failure?
Does "perl Build.PL" fail?

Does "./Build" fail?

Does "./Build install destdir=..." fail?

> Is there a plan to ever port po4a to Mac OS X?

Not really (although it would be nice and appreciated).

I think po4a is available with fink.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral