[Po4a-devel] Two minor msgid bugs and .TH header bogus encoding.

Robert Luberda robert at debian.org
Sun Feb 22 08:45:33 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've just updated Polish translations of po4a. While working on it,
found two minor bugs in msgids, namely:

  # type: verbatim
  #: doc/po4a.7.pod:247
  #, no-wrap
  msgid ""
  "                                   master.doc\n"
  "                                       |\n"
  "                                       V\n"
  "     +<-----<----+<-----<-----<--------+------->-------->-------+\n"
  "     :           |                     |                        :\n"
  "{translaion}     |            { update of master.doc }          :\n"

Obvious typo in the above line.

  # type: textblock
  #: lib/Locale/Po4a/Xml.pm:320
  msgid ""
  "Space-separated list of the tags you do not want to translate or not.
  It "
  "uses the same format as the B<translated> option."

`or not' seems not to be needed at all.

It also appears that v0.35 has introduced a bug very similar to the bug
#471402 [1]. The "po4a tools" header's translation
contains some bogus characters both in my locally generated
translations, and in po4a web pages; see [2] for an example. It looks
like UTF-8 string was treated as encoded in ISO-8859-1 or -2 and than
re-encoded to UTF-8.

Moreover, and what's very funny, the English version [3] of the page
also contains the bogus header from Polish translation.

And one more thing. Would it possible to have the "Section:",
"Updated:", "Index" and "Return to Main Contents" messages on [2]
translated?

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/471402
[2] http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/man/man7/po4a.7.php.po
[3] http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/man/man7/po4a.7.php.en