[Po4a-devel] Preparation of the next po4a 0.36 release

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sat Mar 7 12:41:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 12:02:28PM +0100, nicolas.francois at centraliens.net wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:38:53AM +0900, fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp wrote:
> >
> > On jeudi 05 mars 09, at 09:13, Nicolas François wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,

> >> Only the mail Subject was wrong. The next release will be numbered
> >> 0.36.
> >
> > Did you have time to see the installation problem on OSX 10.5.6 ?
>
> This is still unsure. As I do not have such platform.
> My old iBook had no problems with the installation.
>
> I will re-contact you this weekend to check how I could install some newer
> Perl on OSX (maybe with mac port) and check if I can reproduce the issue.

I could also successfully build po4a with macports's perl (5.8.9).

Just for the record, my old iBook's perl was 5.8.1.

Perl 5.8.8 (which is the one you have on OSX 10.5.6), was also used
recently on Debian, and I had no issues with it.
So I do not expect an issue coming from the perl version, but maybe
something in the environment.

With macport, I only had to install perl, p5-module-build, and gettext.
(I also had to change the shebang of po4a, po4a-gettextize,
po4a-normalize, po4a-translate, po4a-updatepo in order to use
"/usr/bin/env perl" instead of the hardcoded /usr/bin/perl)

Best Regards,
--
Nekral