[Po4a-devel] Introduction, and a polite request for help

daniel cabrera logan at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 22 15:28:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 07:29 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:

> I usually prefer discussions on a public mailing list, but as you
> know, I will reply if for some reason you prefer private discussions
> ;)
> If your issues are related in any way to po4a, here is the right
> place.  Otherwise you can ask on
>   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/perkamon-devel
>
> Denis

Ok, here is my question:
Our plan is to update our 1.55 *.es.po files, with the 3.26
*.pot files. In order to do that, I need those 3.26 *.pot files.
Accidentally, I 've found that my first (wrong) command to create a
*.es.po file:

$ po4a-gettextize -f man -m accept.2 -M UTF-8 -p accept.2-es-ES.po

works like a charm if a want to create the .pot file:

$ po4a-gettextize -f man -m accept.2 -M UTF-8 -p accept.2.pot

Is this OK? I mean, if I can't find the *.pot files, may I use this
command without worrying about braeking anything in the future? I looked
at it, and looked at the updated *.es.po file that I've create with it,
and they seems fine.

Daniel