[Popcon-developers] popcon & derivatives

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Sat May 18 12:01:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Bill Allombert wrote:

> In which scenario the vendor field is not defined ?

Where the submitter is running a version of popcon that doesn't send a
vendor field.

Where the submitter has a broken dpkg origins file, either because
they broke it or because their derivative did.

> I discarded it because it did not do anything. Do you expect it will become
> worthwhile to add a graph of vendor fields stats to popcon.debian.org main page
> ? At this point it is clearly premature.

I think it would definitely be useful now, especially given that all
Debian derivatives (except Ubuntu) submit to the Debian popcon server
now.

>> I think this change could be mentioned in the package changelog and
>> the NEWS.Debian file.
>
> It is mentionned in the changelog and the FAQ.

Woops, I meant package description and NEWS.Debian file.

> Yes this is correct. According to the data you provided, all derivatives that
> are not Ubuntu-based report to Debian. Thus your patch makes an incorrect
> statement that popcon submit to the distro while it actually submits to Debian.

Hmm, I didn't think of that.

--
bye,
pabs