[Popcon-developers] popcon & derivatives

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Sat May 18 15:46:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 08:01:20PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > I discarded it because it did not do anything. Do you expect it will become
> > worthwhile to add a graph of vendor fields stats to popcon.debian.org main page
> > ? At this point it is clearly premature.
>
> I think it would definitely be useful now, especially given that all
> Debian derivatives (except Ubuntu) submit to the Debian popcon server
> now.

Yes but none of them report the VENDOR field yet. In any case, your patch does
not do anything. You need at least to change popcon-stat.pl to create a extra
PNG file, and then to change popcon.pl to add it to the website.

> >> I think this change could be mentioned in the package changelog and
> >> the NEWS.Debian file.
> >
> > It is mentionned in the changelog and the FAQ.
>
> Woops, I meant package description and NEWS.Debian file.

It does not seems to be worth the trouble.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.