[Qa-debsources] SPDX generation issues

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Thu Jan 7 10:04:58 UTC 2016

Heya,

So i looked a bit the issues i encounter during testing SPDX. Here is a
summary of the ones i could find:

- Missing upstream name: native packages do not have an upstream name.
this is an easy fix i ll do it in my PR.

- better error handling when somebody tries to generate the document but
gives incorrect or no version. I am at it and will fix it in the PR.

- files paragraphs missing copyright field (required in the docs). for
example:
http://sourcesdev.debian.net/src/matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/debian/copyright/#L67

What's the best solution here? Ignore the paragraph? Give just none
fields? right now it just breaks but on the license rendering we provide
None fields for the ones we miss
http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/license/matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/

- timeout errors on >medium sized packages.For example testing:
http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/spdx/python-django/1.9-1/
[warn] [client 192.168.17.254] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 40 seconds
[error] [client 192.168.17.254] Premature end of script headers:
debsources.fcgi

As we discussed in the other email thread, the errors due to timeout
will probably be fixed for some packages when we will have the DB since
we will just need to do one query in the DB instead of querying the
d/copyright file for each file. Not sure though this will be ok for huge
packages like linux, chromium etc.

Should i bug report the timeout error? The other i can fix them in the
next days.

Cheers,

Orestis