[Reportbug-maint] Reportbug - adding a GTK UI

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:49:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 17:38, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:59:35 +0200
> "Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The 01 patch makes use of a temporary FIFO file to connect reportbug UI and handle_bugscript.
>>
>> not applied (yet?)
>>

> Splitted in two patches to let you apply the changes in gtk2_ui.py

0001-Fix-yes_no-dialog.patch applied at r653

>> All that said, the --include option doesn't work with gtk+ ui.
>
> It works: the text is in the "Other system information" expander.

err, it's not (or not so well):

1. reportbug -O --template checkgmail > /tmp/morph
2. reportbug --ui gtk2 --debug -O -i /tmp/morph checkgmail

1. generated a template report body and 2. should uses it but:

- present me all the pre-body question, I've already answered before
- the "Other sys info" contains the same information

> If you don't like it, we'll have to drop all the stuff around that wraps the text in the editor and make it simpler, because it would be yet more error-prone to parse an included text.

dunno, the same behaviour happens in text ui, so it's up to gtk2 ui to
play with input file, if you want it to be user friendly. of course,
we can even take into account the situation where a simple file is
passed as -i option

Sandro