[Reportbug-maint] Reportbug - adding a GTK UI

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 19:50:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 04:49:07PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> err, it's not (or not so well):
>
> 1. reportbug -O --template checkgmail > /tmp/morph
> 2. reportbug --ui gtk2 --debug -O -i /tmp/morph checkgmail
>
> 1. generated a template report body and 2. should uses it but:
>
> - present me all the pre-body question, I've already answered before
> - the "Other sys info" contains the same information

Attached patch. Let's see when this hack stops working. We can always turn
back to use a plain editor.

> dunno, the same behaviour happens in text ui, so it's up to gtk2 ui to
> play with input file, if you want it to be user friendly. of course,
> we can even take into account the situation where a simple file is
> passed as -i option

Checking the "options" is out of the gtk2_ui.py scope. Altough we could check
that, the problem will present again when re-editing the message.

--
http://syx.googlecode.com - Smalltalk YX
http://lethalman.blogspot.com - Thoughts about computer technologies