[Resolvconf-devel] New release

Marco Nenciarini mnencia at prato.linux.it
Wed Aug 9 12:05:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 03:05:27AM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> > These need to be fixed before upload.
>

> * I added an empty binary-arch target to debian/rules.

Ok

> * The complaint about calling the initscript directly reflects the
>   use of the disable-updates and enable-updates init methods.
>   These are internal methods and I don't see why we should support
>   running them via invoke-rc.d.  So for now I am just overriding
>   the lintian complaints: but perhaps someone can argue successfully
>   that invoke-rc.d should be used even in these cases.

This is not the correct wy to operate. invoke-rc.d is needed to
maintain init.d script under control of /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d .
It must be used even with unconventional arguments.

> Can someone please check that the package conforms to policy 3.7.2
> and bump the Standards-Version if appropriate?

If you use invoke-rc.d in maintainer script i think yes.

> Can someone please fix the man pages so that they make lexgrog happy?

no, this is a man-db bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=338991

Ciao

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia at prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4