[sane-devel] Epson 1640US and Sane 1.0.5

Roy Murphy murphy at panix.com
Mon Aug 20 20:06:33 BST 2001

I'm now on my third scanner with Sane.  The Mustek and Umax scanners I've had
have bit the dust and I'm on to a new Epson which I bought becuase a web page
indicated that they have helped with development.

I'm using the SCSI interface with an Adaptec card and kernel 2.2.19.  I downloaded,
compiled and installed Sane 1.0.5.

Up to 300dpi resolution, things seem to work well.  Above this resolution, the
data coming back into Gimp is garbled.  I've seen my image with a ghostly copy
off to one side.  I've seen individual lines of garbled data intersperced.
At the highest resolutions, there are data transfer errors for which I need
to rmmod and insmod the SCSI drivers.

I'm willing to do any kind of testing to try to get higher resolutions working.