[sane-devel] OS/2 version of Sane

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:47:56 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:32:37AM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> 1. mustek.c and microtek2.c
>
>   As you probably allready know, the code for backends using fork()
>   needs small changes to work with OS/2.
>   I can provide diffs for mustek.c, mustek.h and microtek2.c, based on
>   the work of Yuri Dario, if you are willing to include them.

Just send the mustek stuff to me. If this doesn't break anything, I
will include it. Without the diffs, does compilation fail or do the
backends just don't work?

>   Additionally sanei/sanei_thread.c would have to be added to
>   sanei/makefile.in

I have just committed this to CVS.

> 2. sanei/sanei_scsi.c
>
>    I would like to make some changes here (OS/2-things only):
>    - remove semaphore() code because it is no longer necessary.
>       (This breaks backwards compatibility with aspirout.sys 1.01
>       aspirout.sys beta2 or later from Paul Ratcliffe is needed then.)
>
>    - add:
>       #if USE == OS2_INTERFACE
>       # define MAX_DATA   (64*1024)
>       #endif
>    But I'm not shure here. I did not have troubles with this, and it speeds up
>    the things slightly, but perhaps there is a reason I don't know why the
>    former (implicit) value was 32*1024.
>
>    - add some debug-code
>
> sanei_scsi.c  modified this way works at least for me (EPSON and Mustek)
> and a Microtek-scanner of another OS/2-Sane-User.

As long as you don't touch non-OS/2-parts of the code, just do it. Or
send patches, if you don't have CVS-access yet.

> 3. Allthough I get SANE built on OS/2 it's a little bit tricky.
>    OS/2 executables need the .exe extension to work.
>    So in theory things should improve if
>
>    AC_OBJEXT
>    AC_EXEEXT
>
>    were added to configure.in
>    I don't know much about these things, but as far as I know
>    this would also need autoconf 2.13 at least.
>    At the moment configure.in tells:
> AC_PREREQ(2.10)dnl		dnl Minimum Autoconf version required.

This is no problem. I have used 2.13 for month now. What additional
changes are necessary in the Makefiles?