[sane-devel] OS/2 version of Sane

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 01:14:47 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:47:56 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>Just send the mustek stuff to me. If this doesn't break anything, I
>will include it.

Sent.

>Without the diffs, does compilation fail or do the
>backends just don't work?

It compiles, but the backends don't work.

>>   Additionally sanei/sanei_thread.c would have to be added to
>>   sanei/makefile.in
>
>I have just committed this to CVS.

fine

>> 2. sanei/sanei_scsi.c
>>
>>    I would like to make some changes here (OS/2-things only):
>>    - remove semaphore() code because it is no longer necessary.
>>       (This breaks backwards compatibility with aspirout.sys 1.01
>>       aspirout.sys beta2 or later from Paul Ratcliffe is needed then.)
>
>As long as you don't touch non-OS/2-parts of the code, just do it. Or
>send patches, if you don't have CVS-access yet.

Ok, I send the diffs to you.

>> 3. Allthough I get SANE built on OS/2 it's a little bit tricky.
>>    OS/2 executables need the .exe extension to work.
>>    So in theory things should improve if
>>
>>    AC_OBJEXT
>>    AC_EXEEXT
>>
>>    were added to configure.in
>>    I don't know much about these things, but as far as I know
>>    this would also need autoconf 2.13 at least.
>>    At the moment configure.in tells:
>> AC_PREREQ(2.10)dnl		dnl Minimum Autoconf version required.
>
>This is no problem. I have used 2.13 for month now. What additional
>changes are necessary in the Makefiles?

I did not try it for SANE, but for XSane which is less complex
it worked with the following additional changes:

1. in src/Makefile.in:

Add

OBJEXT = @OBJEXT@
EXEEXT = @EXEEXT@

at the beginning of Makefile.in

change of
BINPROGS = @BINPROGS@
BINPROGS = @BINPROGS@$(EXEEXT)

change all
.o
.o$(OBJEXT)

change

xsane: $(XSANE_OBJS) $(LIBLIB)
xsane$(EXEEXT): $(XSANE_OBJS) $(LIBLIB)

Perhaps I should test this first and then send you a complete list,
but I don't have too much time now and I'm on holidays in December.
But I could work on this in January.

2. I've been told, that there is a newer version of mkinstalldirs
   which supports drive-letters (there is one included in a
   autoconf 2.50 - package for OS/2) but I don't know if it
   works on unix'es too. I also sent you this new one.

Regards,
Franz