[sane-devel] Umax Astra 600S not scanning in colour anymore

Russell Hurren russell@zdlcomputing.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:42:28 +0800

I have a Umax Astra 600S, and I'm running SuSE 7.2, with sane-1.0.4-79
and xsane-0.79-ximian.1

I'm using an advansys scsi card

I normally only use this scanner for greyscale, and it normally doesn't
have any problems, but when I use xsane to scan in colour, it will
generate a preview properly, but won't scan properly. The lamp will
move, the output will be garbled colours, and the lamp will stop, and
not park. It used to work before, I don't remember what version of sane
I was using at the time. It scans in colour under windows, so I'm sure
the hardware is ok.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Russell Hurren