[sane-devel] is buying parallel port to usb converter for ibm ideascan worth while?

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@t-online.de
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:33:46 +0100

Hi again

parv wrote:

> in message <1006759554.3c01ee82d5372@webmail.t-online.de>,
> wrote Karsten Festag thusly...
> >
> > Hi,
>
> hi there,
>
> > parv schrieb:
> > > is buying parallel port to usb converter for ibm ideascan
> > > worth while?

> > I'm not sure if the trich with the USB-converter will work. There is a
> > special kernel module for microtek USB scanners but I suppose it has at
> > least to be modified for working with an converter.
>
> kernel module for scanner, eh?
>
> is this module for linux or (free|net|open)bsd? i am using freebsd
> 4.4-stable at the moment.

The module (called microtek) is for Linux. I don't know if it's possible to
use it for freebsd. The module was made by Oliver Neukum
<Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> and John Fremlin
<vii@penguinpowered.com>, maybe they can help you.

Regards,

Karsten