[sane-devel] hp scanjet 7400c scsi-usb

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:28:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

On: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:21:23 +0200,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 03:46:37PM +0200, raoul.megelas wrote:
> > 	I have a hp scanjet 7400c scanner scsi-usb.
> > It does not appear in the list of supported scanners by sane-backends.
>
> Hm? http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html lists your sacnner
> as supported by the avision backend. At least a scanner that is named
> "HP 7400".

Yes. The scanner should work (at least under Linux).

> > in usb mode the scanner is not detected even tiwh -d hp:/dev/ugen1 switch.
>
> You are using FreeBSD? Please read README.freebsd.
>
> I don't think it will work with the hp backend.
>
> > in scsi mode scanimage -L find it like avision scanner.
> >  The following command line:
> >   scanimage avision:/dev/pass1 gives:
>
> Can't work. Use scanimage -d avision...

The last offical SANE release doesn't include a avision.conf which
lists the hp and HP vendors for auto-probing (because it was not
stable enough ...). In my last version this will work automatically:

http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/

> >   start i/o error, ane the scanner does not work.
> > 	I tried to add the scanner in the hp-device.c .h and hp-scl.h files.
> > This compile quite well but with the same result.
> > (sane cvs version).
> > 	Welcome to any suggestion to solve this problem.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Probably the avision maintainer can give better advice: Rene Rebe
> <rene.rebe@gmx.net>.
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

k33p h4ck1n6 -- René