[sane-devel] Re: Epson Stylus cx3200 MFP

LukenShiro lukenshiro@ngi.it
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:24:38 +0100

Alle 20:03, mercoledì 4 dicembre 2002, Gene Heskett ha scritto:
> And what kernel version was that?  I ask because I just had to
> backup from 2.4.20 to 2.4.20-rc3 in order to print, all 4 ports on
> the 2 hubs available externally are full here due to mouse, ups,
> scanner and printer.  My mobo has another hub, but no front panel
> buildout on it (yet)
>
> 2.4.20 wouldn't print come hell OR high water.  The /dev/usb/lp0
> port was always busy.  Reboot to 2.4.20-rc3 and all is well again.

Strange, I'm using 2.4.20, really! and it works perfectly (BTW it worked
also with 2.4.19)
I wouldn't know if your problem depends by devfs (I have got rid of that,
because I don't like it, at all) o not ...
I've 2 hubs (4 usb ports), too, but I've only MFP as usb device, at the
moment. Probably this device has to be alone on one hub, who knows?
Is the long-timeout usb entry (I guess) in your kernel configuration
enabled?

--
GNU/Linux Slackware 9.0beta1 ** k 2.4.20-acpi+preempt+arrrgghh
LU #210970 LM #98222 SU #12583