[sane-devel] SANE2 standard draft v0.08

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:54:06 +0100

Hi,

the next revision (0.08) of the standatd draft can be found at:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/sane2/

I tried to only change things that hadn't major objections. So the "big
problems" aren't solved yet, but some minor issues are.

I've also updated the sane2-api-todo list (also on this page). If I
missed an idea/proposal, please tell me.

Changes:

	Updated section about sane_get_parameters.
	Updated subsection "Option Descriptor Type": Clarified
	SANE_CAP_ADVANCED, added SANE_CAP_HIDDEN and SANE_CAP_ALWWAY_SETTABLE.
	Updated section "sane_control_option": Options can also change their
	constraint. Added SANE_INFO_INVALIDATE_PREVIEW.
	Removed comment about multiple images from SANE_PFLAG_LAST_FRAME.
	1 bit mode only allowed for single channel image data. Moved
	proposed_filename implementation note to backend-writing.txt.
	Rephrased SANE_FRAME_MIME description.
	Updated section "Code Flow": Options can also change their
	constraint. Unified coding-style.
	Rephrased scan mode option example.
	Added batch-scan options.
	Used `` and '' as quotation marks. Spelling fixes. Overfull hbox
	fixes.

I'll add the changes to CVS as soon as it's working.