[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 Photo, USB

Christian Biermann christian.biermann@web.de
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:20:37 +0100

Hi there,

I am trying to use an Epson Perfection 1650 Photo USB scanner.

I am running SuSE 7.0, Kernel 2.2.19 and Sane 1.07.

To install the scanner I follwed the USB guide by Brad Hards:

The modules usbcore, usb-uhci and scanner (with vendor=Ox04b8 product=0x110) can be
loaded without any problem. I created the device: /dev/usb/scanner0 and changed
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf by uncommenting usb /dev/usb/scanner. I executed the
mount command (mount -t usbdvfs none /proc/bus/usb).
When looking in /proc/bus/usb/devices the scanner is listed with the right product and
vendor ID. Also, the KDE control center gives the right information for the USB devices.

When running sane-find-scanner I get the following message:

sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device
/dev/usb/scanner0
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device
/dev/usbscanner

# `UNKNOWN vendor and product' means that there seems to be a scanner
# at this device file but the vendor and product ids couldn't be
# identified. Currently identification only works with Linux versions
# >= 2.4.8.

When I run xscanimage or xsane the results are that they tell me there is no device.

My questions now are:

Did I forget something?
Do I have to use a newer Kernel (if yes how) or is there some other possibility to get the
scanner working?
or am I just too stupid...

Well, I would be happy if somebody could give me some advise.

Thank you very much,

Christian
Well, I would be happy if somebody couldgive me some advise.

Thank you very much,

Christian

All inclusive! 100 MB Speicher, 1000 Mails, Wunschrufnummer, Superstars,
Events, Preisvorteile und mehr unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021104