[sane-devel] Hints for Epson Perfection 1650?

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:19:15 -0500

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 05:21:11PM -0700, Roberto Mello wrote:
[ ... ]
>=20
> It's interesting to notice that I couldn't get _anything_ scanned with
> xscanimage, and iscan (the japanese app) doesn't seem to work either. It
> says it can't send command to the scanner.=20

Now this is strange. Did you try to set the color depth to 8 bits in
xscanimage? When you tried iscan, did you have a "normal" Sane=20
installation on the same machine? IScan comes with a modified backend,
and it requires this backend. Depending on how the library path
is set up, it may have found the wrong backend.

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc