[sane-devel] HP 4100c

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Feb 8 21:26:32 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:12:38PM +0100, Frank Coldewe wrote:
> I try to install my HP ScanJet on my linuxsystem, but he is still not
> found
> by theh sane-find-scanner - tool.

If the scanner module has detected the scanner (and the
/proc/bus/usb/devices output you sent to me looks like this) and if
the device files exist, e.g.:

crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     180,  48  4. Aug 2001 /dev/usb/scanner0

and you are root or the permissions of the device file allows the user
to read and write it
and if sane-find-scanner is at least from sane-backends 1.0.6 then I
have no idea why it doesn't work.

Try "sane-find-scanner --version" for the version and
"sane-find-scanner -v" to see which devices are tested by the program.

However, sane-find-scanner isn't the importatnt part. If the scanner
is seen by the backend, everything is ok.

> device` hp:/dev/usb/usbscanner1` is a Hewlett-Packard Model
> flatbedscanner

I would expect /dev/usb/scanner0 but this may depend on your local
configuration.