[sane-devel] Question about backend translations

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:12:25 +0100

mh wrote:

> Hi,
> just a short question:
> As far as I can see, the backend translation is merged with the saneopts
> translation. Since this isn't necessary (a frontend could load two
> translations, i.e.  sane-<backend>.mo and sane-opts.mo), I'd like to know,
> whether there are any plans to change this. Or will it stay the way it is
> (e.g. for compatibility with older xsane versions)?

Do you know what it means to load two translation tables?
The frontend does not know which translation table it has
to use for an options, that will get really ugly.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de