[sane-devel] Re: Mustek 600 III EP Plus problems

Wed, 5 Jun 2002 00:07:30 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:57:18PM -0700, richard hebert wrote:
> I found the trouble .. dll.conf had the mustek_pp
> commented out
> i just uncommented.Scanner of course works.But as
> usual
> only as root.this i tried over the past year to
> solve.Dont have a clue on
> how to fix this.Up to now i su and type gimp ..then as
> root it works.
> I checked the mail list and im still in the dark.

See man sane-mustek_pp, search for "root". Look at man saned, man
sane-net and http://www.penguin-breeder.org/?page=sane-net .
Just set up saned for local scanning, use user root instead of saned
in inetd.conf. Now you should be able to scan like this:
scanimage -d net:localhost:mustek_pp