[sane-devel] trouble with sane-1.0.7

Morten Arnesen mort1arn@online.no
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:37:22 +0200

hi !

i just upgraded sane to 1.0.7 and got some strange problems;

here is output from rpm:
[root@server /root]# rpm -qa|grep sane
sane-frontends-1.0.7-2
sane-backends-devel-1.0.7-6
xsane-0.84-2
sane-backends-1.0.7-6
xsane-gimp-0.84-2

sane-find-scanner find my scanner ok, but scanimage don't.

my dll.conf contains "net" and "scanimage".

my scanimage.conf contains a pointer to /dev/scanner which is a symbolic
link to /dev/sg3.

output from sane-find-scanner:
[root@server /root]# sane-find-scanner
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
# Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
# that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
# is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.

sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 310 1.20" at device
/dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 310 1.20" at device
/dev/sg3
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 310 1.20" at device
/dev/sgd

and ouput from scanimage -L:
[root@server /root]# scanimage -L

how do i correct this problems, tough i cannot find a sollution not on
faq nor documentation?

--
sincerly morten LC1OCT
tlf: +47 7027 7036   fax +47 70 27 82 77