[sane-devel] sane backends w/umax_pp patch --> rpm

Wed, 29 May 2002 20:19:06 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 06:39:51AM -0500, Tim wrote:
> The problem is, under KDE, when I uninstall the stock version of sane via
> rpm, it forces me to remove many other useful apps that I really want.  It
> then will not allow me to reinstall these until the package manager is
> satisfied that sane has been reinstalled (via rpm I'm assuming).  Is it
> possible to compile sane with the umax_pp patch into an rpm file so I can
> then install it via rpm to satisfy the package manager?

Yes. I don't know the details because I use debs instead of RPMs.
However, you should be able to generate your own RPM by looking at the
original source RPM of your distributor, change the source code, maybe
update the version number and modify the control files to match the
umax_pp patch if necessary.

> Or if anyone has another solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure there is an option to force installation even if dependencies
aren't fulfilled. There is rpm --nodeps, but i can't test if it's the
right one.