[sane-devel] Timing problem?

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:19:32 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:47:11PM +0100, Steven Lowette wrote:
> >This sounds like the timing problem that was fixed in an earlier SANE
> >release (1.0.7 or 1.0.8?). Which version do you use?
>
> I'm on a Debian system. And the stable Woody release uses 1.0.7. Would an
> upgrade fix this?

The timing issue was fixed in 1.0.7 as far as i can see. But upgrading
wouldn't hurt :-) There are Debian Woody packages of SANE 1.0.9:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200210/msg00026.html

> when running saned, I get from scanimage:
> [net] connect_dev: trying to connect to 192.168.0.1
> [net] connect_dev: failed to connect (Connection refused)
>
> Doing exactly the same, but with saned -d, gives a normal answer.

Oh, I don't think that this one i the timing issue. What do you get as
messages in syslog on the server? There shouldn't be a difference in
handling incoming connections. Are you sure that you start the same
saned binary?