[sane-devel] A3 size scanners

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Nov 23 16:47:42 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 05:15:27PM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> Since people on this list reask from time to time about A3 sized
> scanners supported by SANE:
>
> I just commited a new version of the SANE/Avision backend which now
> handles ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) as well as A3 sized scanners.
>
> I can not yet garantee that every A3 Avision scanner will work - but
> at least the top model Avision AV 8000 S works fine ;-) !!!

Fine. Can you add the newly supported models (and the ones that might
work) to avision.desc so they show up on the SANE webpage?
You can also add all the untested models with status :untested.
My expereince is, once they show up in the list/search engine, the
number of reports increses.

Some related notes/questions:

There were some questions on #sane irc channel and in Usenet about the
USB scanners supported by the avision backend. Most people didn't know
that they need th hpusbscsi module. I know that this is explained on
the webpage, but could you also add a paragraph abou this in the
manpage?

The config file uses "scsi FCPA". As you mention the SP 15C, does this
mean, that the sp15c backend is not longer necessary? Shouldn't all
these scanners be mentioned in avision.desc, at least as "untested"?